GreenCore BioSolutions is Fruit fly traps manufacturer. Guava, Mango, banana, Papaya are important fruit crops and tomato,—-important vegetable crops in Maharashtra. Among the various limiting factors for the quality of fruit and vegetable production of these crops, fruit flies are the most important as it causeup to 90% damage in various crops. These fruit flies are very difficult to manage as they have various host range of fruits and vegetables. It can be controlled using Fruit fly lures and traps.
The application of insecticides is not much effective and more over cause numerous hazards to the environment. Therefore, an eco-friendly technology ’Fruit Fly Trap’ has been devised.
- This is an eco-friendly technology as there will be no pesticide residues in fruits and vegetables.
- High quality marketable fruits are produced and there will be a significant increase in the fruit yield.
- Fixing of Fruit fly Lures and traps is cheaper than spraying insecticidal sprays at weekly interval.
- Mass trapping of male fruit flies lead reduction in chances of mating to a greater extend leading to low population of new flies.
- Traps provide effective control of fruit flies to a longer period compared to spray of insecticides. For monitoring, traps are effective even for longer duration.
- Traps can easily fit and are effective even during rainy seasons.
How To use Fruit Fly Traps:
- Fix Fruit fly lures traps @ 6-7 per acre
- Traps should be fastened to the trees using metal wires at the height of 4-5 feets depending on the height of the trees and at a place receiving no direct sunlight.
- Replace the traps after 30 to 45 days if required when the catch is reduced significantly or there is no catch.
Precautions for using Fruit Fly Traps:
- Packing of the traps should be opened only before fixing the traps on the trees.
- Traps should be fixed on the trees at place where there is maximum shade.
- Remove the dead fruit flies from the traps when they are 75 % filled. This will help maintain life of the traps.
- Traps should be kept at a place away from the reach of children.